It’s a little late to make a New Year’s resolution, but I’ll make one nevertheless. From now I’m writing only in English - at least on this blog.
This move is not about the audience, thought I admit - it’d be nice to show some of my previous posts to non-Polish speakers (and as I’m getting more and more confident about my work, I’ll probably have something more to share in the future). It’s a known fact that programming world is dominated by English so I often had to translate some phrases to Polish, at least if I didn’t want my articles to turn into a weird mix of Polish and English words randomly thrown here and there (and I didn’t, but often it was unavoidable). It’s a burden because usually Polish lacks good equivalents for some particular words so I either had to skip these or come up with rough and unnatural neologisms. So I figured that using English all over the place will better fit the purpose of these posts.
The only problem is my recent “Dotfiles” series. I don’t want to leave it partially Polish and partially English and because I’m not particularly interested in running multilingual blog, I’ll probably start translating first three parts to English English in the first place.